Does anyone know if I can renew my cedula at BCR rather than going to immigration? And if so how?

imcurious is looking for some answers in the category Immigration.
Add Comment
1 Answer(s)

From what I have read on other Expat forums, you can renew temporary or permanent residency (cedulas) at “some” BCR branches.  Not all branches do it, so ask where you can have it done near you.  You can call 900-003-4639 or 1311 for an appointment – and ask what documents you will need to bring (e.g. , passport, cedula, proof of income, recent CAJA receipt, and payment of renewal fees).  You can renew up to 3 months before residency expiration, but allow more than one month to make sure you get your cedula in time – it will typically be mailed to the post office near you.

redbeard52 Scholar answered on June 29, 2015.
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.